The church building, which was to become the first cathedral of the newly-formed Diocese of Charlottetown in 1829, was erected on the site of the present church in 1816. It was replaced by a larger wooden building in 1843, which itself gave way to a magnificent stone structure, destroyed by fire in 1913. This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the dedication of our present St. Dunstan's Basilica, the fourth cathedral of the Diocese of Charlottetown. Plans are getting underway to celebrate this milestone event. Stay tuned!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.